Discovering the Harties area, lipstick and Tabard in tow...

Just call me the bundu basher, I shall remain anonymous. I packed my leopard print suitcases and relocated to Harties. From city to the bush. In my stilettos, lipstick and Cosmopolitan in hand, I have set out to explore and discover all the opportunities that this place has to offer. Visiting restaurants, adventure activities, shops and other 'hidden gems', I shall review each new experience... one bush wack at a time. Here goes, I am trading in my high heels and lipstick, for bundu shoes & tabard.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Van Gaalen Cheese Farm

To be honest, I am not a cheese fanatic. My cheese repertoire consists of gouda, cheddar, Brie and Camembert. I don't know any of the other smelly cheeses or the mouldy looking ones and sadly do not have the digestive tract to be able to consume any of these, nor do I have the urge to do so.

Having said all that, I had lunch at Van Gaalen Cheese Farm, situated at the foot of the Magliesberg Mountains next to the Skeerpoort river, on Sunday.

I was looking for a quaint place, where I could relax in the sun and just enjoy a peaceful Sunday afternoon. At Van Gaalen, I found what I was looking for... 


Now apart from cheese, I hate salad. (Yes, I am a picker eater). Unfortunately for me, every meal comes with salad (luckily for rabbit people). Despite this, I ordered the Chef's Cheese Platter (I felt like being adventurous) and was pleasantly surprised. Different meats, cheese, breads and chutney laced, or even graced, the plate. I thoroughly enjoyed it and proceeded to clean the plate dry.

A family member of mine ordered the Chicken Schnitzel. (See below) Another family member was adamant that it was chicken filled with cheese.

Chicken at a cheese farm?

This specialty was not chicken but a block of cheese fried, or baked - I actually can't remember. What I can remember was that, with chutney,  is was absolutely mouth-watering! This comes highly recommended. It was a fight between my chef's platter and the chicken schnitzel to take first place.   


To fit the Harties lifestyle, you need restaurants like Van Gaalen Cheese Farm. A highly recommended restaurant.

(Cheese PLEESE!)

http://www.vangaalen.co.za/

No comments:

Post a Comment